Tuesday, 24 April 2007

Scary...

Something changed over the weekend - people are reading this. Flattering, but kinda scary too and happening much sooner than I had expected!

It turns out that an ex-workmate of mine, JD, now links here from his blog and another workmate, John, quoted me on his blog. When I discovered this on Monday morning it freaked me out a bit. There's something a little unreal about reading your own words on someone else's website. I'm not even sure how either of them knew I had a blog, which makes things rather mysterious. All good though, lots of warm fuzzy feelings :)

I'm not entirely sure why I feel the need to comment on this. I started this blog with the aim of producing something people would read so I shouldn't really be surprised if people actually do. I guess I thought it would take a lot longer than it has, or I didn't really believe anyone would read it at all. For once, I am very pleased to be proven wrong.

So, I suppose this means I should be getting some more decent content up here rather than writing random posts on how pleased I am someone linked to me. Not to mention doing the work on the template which I've been putting off because 'no-one will be looking at it for a while yet'!

JD and John: thanks for the link-love guys :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jo, how I found your blog is easy... I always check my Technorati links from time to time.

Saw your link in there and was like "wtf, who is 'Note That'!?" :)

To steal a phrase from JD...: Good times!

Anonymous said...

What about me? I linked to you! Why do I not get a mention - aren't I one of your "real" friends any more now that you're in Wellington? :-(

(See link... was going to ask you if you mind me linking to you by the way, I just find it easier cos then I can just click on the link after I'm done writing a blog entry myself, rather than going to ALL THAT EFFORT of typing in the URL myself. Let me know if it's OK! :-)

Unknown said...

Cheers for the link back Jo :) Now just to add me to your "blogs I read" section ;)

Keep up the good work and don't be afraid about writing. You'll build some great connections by having a blog, I strongly suggest flaunting the fact you have a blog :) I've found that for me, personally, it's been one of the best investments I've ever made.

Cheers,

- JD

Anonymous said...

Wait a minute, I just realised. I'm not on your "blogs I read" section either! Oi!!

Jo said...

Yay comments :)
Rufa - sorry I didn't find the link from you, still getting my head around how to monitor stuff. Of course you can link to me! Why on earth I would have a problem with that I have no idea...
JD - thanks for the encouragement man, warm fuzzies reading that this arvo...
Note: the 'blogs I read' section will be populated entirely at the author's discretion! Bribes always considered though :)

Unknown said...

Bribe made.

- JD

Jo said...

Link added.
Those were good M&Ms...